Call for Papers: 2015 ESPRit Conference
Politics and Periodicals
The 4th International Conference of the European Society for Periodical Research (ESPRit)
10-11 September 2015
The European Society for Periodical Research (ESPRit) will hold its 4th international conference in Stockholm, Sweden, on 10-11 September 2015.
Its theme of Politics and Periodicals seeks to bring together current research on the connections between politics – most concretely, political or social movements – and individual or groups of periodicals. We welcome comparative cross-national perspectives as well as more local studies of European periodicals of any period on topics which may include but are not limited to
- Periodicals started by social or political movements
- Social or political movements invigorated by periodicals
- Periodicals devoted to political theory/political science; that is, periodicals explicitly about politics
- Periodicals as party organs
- Politicians as editors/contributors
- Periodicals and political reputations
- Politicised conflict and controversy between periodicals
We are keen to bring together postgraduates and early-career researchers with more experienced scholars, and aim to present a programme that includes various modes of engagement with research in the field: panels, round tables, workshops, etc.
Please send proposals for 20-minute papers, panels of three or four papers, round tables, one-hour workshops or other suitable sessions and short biogs by 1 June 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.